Finance Transformation Consultant
Location:Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Join our worldwide community of accounting and finance professionals.Lend your talent, skills and experience to a world-class company, and enjoy the freedom and flexibility to choose your engagements, manage your workload and control your work-life balance. If you are ready to work directly with business leaders and their teams to solve problems, implement initiatives, and drive change, then a career at Resources Global Professionals is right for you. Our accounting and finance Consultants combine their functional finance expertise and project management capabilities with their other broad skills and experiences in internal audit, process reengineering, compliance, and systems to help clients drive business change.
Job Category:Accounting Jobs
Turn experience into opportunity. Leverage your accomplishments to get the kind of employment you've always wanted: a self-directed career with work/life balance, world class clients and high-level initiatives - all with the collaboration and support of a global community of seasoned professionals. If you are ready to work directly with business leaders and their teams to solve problems and drive change, then a career at RGP is for you.
Consultants at RGP focus on enabling clients to successfully lead and execute large scale initiatives in their complex and global organizations utilizing industry best practices in program/project management, and change management.
As an RGP consultant, responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute an overall program/project management and change management strategies around complex client business initiatives by utilizing proven methodologies and techniques
- Conduct organizational needs assessments, stakeholder analysis, document business processes and systems, and facilitate the transformation from "current state" to "desired state"
- Utilize proven analytical tools for readiness assessments, focus groups, impact assessments, risk assessments, performance metrics, and balance scorecard
- Design and deliver communications and stakeholder engagement plans including identification and definition of methods and channels in order to drive the correct behavioral and organizational changes
- Manage numerous program and project deliverables across multiple areas of client organization to ensure timely completion within budget
Attributes of our global professionals include: a dedication to client service, the ability to think in complex and ever changing situations, strong communication skills and the ability to solve problems, execute and transfer knowledge.
- 10+ years of experience in finance operational management
- experience executing large-scale finance transformation initiatives including but not limited to business process improvement, outsourcing of finance functions, migration to a finance shared services model, and systems implementations/conversions (GL systems, asset management systems, BI tools, etc.)
- Specific recent experience with projects focused on finance processes improvement or optimization on month end close activities, financial consolidations, accruals, sub-ledger reconciliations, reporting, planning and forecasting, etc.
- Experience working on enterprise-wide initiatives for complex, global organizations
- Strong grounding in at least one widely used program/project management and change management methodology or framework and an ability to be flexible and adapt to new methodologies
- Facility with finance systems and tools (such as ERP systems, BI Tools, Excel, etc.)
- Access to a wide range of program/project management and change management tools and templates
- Exceptional project/project and change management skills in scoping, designing and delivering business transformational activities
- Strong strategic and tactical communication planning and execution skills - including identifying and authoring changes to related business processes, procedures, and standards
- Ability to discuss and champion the business case for change to a business audience, and then plan and execute solutions that are of recognizable value to the business
- Executive presence with excellent communications and facilitation skills to build relationships and foster trust at all organizational levels
- An accounting designation (CA, CPA, CMA, CGA)
- A Bachelor's degree
- A passion for a consulting lifestyle
Our unique compensation package allows professionals the autonomy to work with various client, while building lifetime relationships within our global community. They earn competitive, professional service hourly rates and long-term benefits including professional knowledge sharing, medical/dental, and an employee stock purchase plan.