Controllers \ Directors of Finance
Location:Calgary, AB, Canada
Join our worldwide community of accounting and finance professionals.
Job Category:Controller Jobs
Lend your talent, skills and experience to a world-class company, and enjoy the freedom and flexibility to choose your engagements, manage your workload and control your work-life balance. If you are ready to work directly with business leaders and their teams to solve problems, implement initiatives, and drive change, then a career at Resources Global Professionals is right for you.
Our accounting and finance Consultants combine their functional finance expertise and project management capabilities with their other broad skills and experiences in internal audit, process reengineering, compliance, and systems to help clients drive business change.
Turn experience into opportunity! Leverage your accomplishments to get the kind of employment you've always wanted: a self-directed career with work/life balance, world class clients and high-level initiatives - all with the collaboration and support of a global community of seasoned professionals. If you are ready to work directly with business leaders and their teams to solve problems and drive change, then a career at RGP is for you!
Our Accounting and Finance practice is in need of talented professionals in the area financial reporting and accounting, especially those with public company experience. We are seeking Controllers, and/or Finance Directors with a minimum of 5-10 years experience. We offer hourly rates between $50-$80, commensurate with experience.
Professional Qualifications, Key Responsibilities and Skills
Ideal candidates should have:
- A professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA).
- A minimum of 5-10 years experience acting as a Controller or Finance Director or Director of Finance in publicly traded companies and/or financial services companies within fast paced, complex and demanding business environments.
- Strong technical accounting skills, public company reporting, US and CDN GAAP and IFRS.
- Preparation and review of quarterly and annual financial statements including MD&A.
- Previous experience in a Big 4 or large regional accounting firm.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and internal stakeholders by providing financial expertise and advice that supports the achievement of the business objectives.
- Capable of managing special projects and analysis as requested by and required for the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills. Highly self-motivated individual with ability to also motivate others.
- Ability to mentor team members on effective processes, controls and best practices related to the financial operations and modern controllership principles and practices.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
The following are considered an asset:
- Superb analytical thinking skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a complex, fast-paced business environment with regard for meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Strong Excel and Access).
- Experience with other financial systems, or planning and analysis systems would be an asset.
Please submit your resume to http://www.resourcesglobal.com/index.php?page=03CR12&lang=CAEN and state Job Ad# W-CPC072612.
Our unique compensation package allows professionals the autonomy to work with various client, while building lifetime relationships within our global community. They earn competitive, professional service hourly rates and long-term benefits including professional knowledge sharing, medical/dental, and an employee stock purchase plan.
For more information please visit us on RGP.com or check us out on LinkedIn.com or Facebook.com