Quantitative Risk Management Consultant
Location:Toronto, ON, Canada
Join our worldwide community of accounting and finance professionals.
Job Category:Accounting Jobs
Lend your talent, skills and experience to a world-class company, and enjoy the freedom and flexibility to choose your engagements, manage your workload and control your work-life balance. If you are ready to work directly with business leaders and their teams to solve problems, implement initiatives, and drive change, then a career at Resources Global Professionals is right for you.
Our accounting and finance Consultants combine their functional finance expertise and project management capabilities with their other broad skills and experiences in internal audit, process reengineering, compliance, and systems to help clients drive business change.
RGP is seeking Quantitative Risk Management Consultants who can provide functional and financial modeling expertise within the finance and/or capital markets industry.
As a Consultant with RGP, you will have the ability to play an instrumental role in assisting clients in a variety of challenging projects.
Attributes of our global professionals include: a dedication to client service, the ability to think in complex and ever changing situations, strong communication skills and the ability to solve problems, execute and transfer knowledge.
- Provide functional and financial modeling expertise.
- Manage enterprise-wide financial risk management projects, corporate policy frameworks governing market and credit risks.
- Develop and review policies relating to market, credit and operational risk, etc.
- Provide quantitative requirements for measuring market, credit and replacement risk.
- Conduct continuous risk quantification.
- Investigate and assess operational losses; analyze root causes and trends.
- Liaises with regulatory bodies to achieve approval for measurement methods.
- Prepare risk reporting suitable for executive management review which highlights key exposures and areas of focus, while meeting regulatory requirements. Monitor business changes and advises senior management on risk mitigation strategies.
- Manage financial and economic analysis of fixed income, foreign exchange markets and global economic indicators to assist lines of business acheive profitable strategies.
- Support and assist with implementations of frameworks.
- Produce communication material for senior management, OSFI and Committees.
- Work with the Finance organization to perform stress testing and back testing.
- Monitor local regulatory developments and implements actions as needed to achieve compliance.
- Assist with maintaining methodology documentation.
- Oversee the valuation of non-traditional complex traded products.
- Assists clients in financial validation of models and the documentation of the assumptions and techniques used.
- Completed undergraduate degree ideally in a quantitative field (e.g., Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, etc.)
- 5-10 years experience in an Enterprise Risk Management and practical knowledge of investment markets, financial market conventions, and risk management practices.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills. Must be able to convey complex ideas to a variety of internal and client audiences.
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Ability to manage and deliver on multiple priorities and tight timelines.
- Previous experience or exposure within the finance, insurance and/or capital markets industry; familiarity with mutual funds / securities requirements a definite asset.