SEC Reporting Financial Services Consultant
Location:Los Angeles, CA
Turn experience into opportunity.
Job Category:Accounting Jobs
Leverage your accomplishments to get the kind of employment you've always wanted: a self-directed career with work/life balance, world class clients and high-level initiatives - all with the collaboration and support of a global community of seasoned professionals. If you are ready to work directly with business leaders and their teams to solve problems and drive change, then a career at Resources Global Professionals is for you.
Consultants at RGP focus on enabling clients to successfully execute large scale initiatives in their complex and global organizations utilizing industry best practices. RGP is looking for SEC Reporting consultants. As a consultant, responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and file SEC Reports (10-K, 10-Ks, 8-Ks) and Earning Releases
- Interpret financial accounting policies and SEC requirements
- Provide guidance to business partners with regard to interpretation of changes
- Research and monitor financial data
- Ensure compliance with all SEC requirements, US GAAP, and client policies and procedures
- Communicate financial requirements to the business units that provide data for the reports; coordinate with other reporting groups in gathering accurate information
- Respond to internal/external inquiries regarding financial disclosures reported or filed
- Manage project deliverables across multiple areas of client organization to ensure timely completion within budget
Attributes of our global professionals include: a dedication to client service, the ability to think in complex and ever changing situations, strong communication skills and the ability to solve problems, execute and transfer knowledge.
- Large consulting firm or Fortune 1000 company background
- 8+ years of relevant SEC reporting experience
- Significant Financial Services Industry experience and strong knowledge of Financial Products (such as fixed income, equities, derivatives) within the banking and/or broker-dealer industries is a must
- Strong functional knowledge within any of the following areas: Financial and Legal Entity Reporting (GAAP and IFRS), Regulatory Reporting and strong knowledge of SEC and Dodd-Frank regulations, Basel II, Market and Credit Risk, Valuation, Product Control, Financial Control
- Significant interaction with business owners, especially within one or more of the following areas: Finance or Financial Reporting, Basel II, Regulatory reporting, Product Control or Financial Control areas
- Familiarity in navigating ERP systems (e.g., SAP, Oracle, Peoplesoft)
- CPA and/or Finance & Accounting experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree highly desired