Healthcare IT \ Electronic Health Record (EHR \ EMR) Implementation Consultants
Location:Costa Mesa, CA
A career should give you sense of freedom, independence and community.Working with Resources Global Professionals gives you freedom, flexibility, variety and control over your career and your work/life balance. And it comes with the collaboration and support of a global community of experienced, like-minded professionals. If you are ready to take control of your destiny, then a career at RGP is for you.
Job Category:Information Management Jobs
We are looking for talented healthcare IT consultants with electronic health record (EHR) / electronic medical record (EMR) experience to join our team. As a Consultant with RGP Healthcare you will have the ability to play an instrumental role in assisting healthcare clients in a variety of challenging projects that will make a meaningful positive impact on their ability to provide safe, high quality, accessible health care.
Consultants in these roles are involved in the definition, management, and implementation of significant healthcare technology focused projects. Positions include implementation consultants, application coordinators, application analysts, and technology generalists that manage, direct and interface with our healthcare clients.
Our consultants operate in highly matrixed client environments often with exposure to C-level executives and organizational leaders. Applicants require excellent communications and indirect influencing capabilities combined with a strong technical background. S/he will have the ability to work independently or collaboratively.
Successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Working knowledge of software development and infrastructure project lifecycles (SDLC).
- Intermediate project management experience (e.g., lead meetings, draft status reports, develop / manage project plans, track issues/risk logs, develop / monitor resource plans, etc).
- Demonstrated experience with system and business workflow analysis and design.
- Ability to analyze and document future state operation specifications and application functionality.
- Experience defining, documenting/communicating, and prioritizing business requirements.
- Ability to configure, build and install healthcare applications.
- Ability to develop and execute business/system test plan, test conditions and test cases.
- Ability to provide clear description of problems/issues for complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to present options for problem resolution.
- Troubleshoot issues from end-users during training, go-live and stabilization periods.
- Ability to align technology solutions with business strategies.
- Able to quickly understand clinical or business operations supported by application.
- High degree of self-motivation, integrity, versatility and flexibility.
- Progressive experience managing or participating in complex IT and operational projects in a healthcare setting.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Willingness to perform many levels of project work, sometimes simultaneously.
- Ability to lead functional or segment teams or projects, as necessary.
- Abilty to successfully manage vendor interactions/relationships.
- An in-depth subject matter expertise and dedication to remaining current with industry changes and advances.
- Bachelors Degree.
- 8+ years of healthcare industry or consulting experience.
- Significant knowledge of/experience with major clinical, financial and transaction processing systems (e.g. EPIC, McKesson, Cerner, SSI, etc.).
- EHR / EMR system certification.
- Experience with ICD-10, HIPAA 5010, Meaningful Use, HIE projects.
- PMP and Six Sigma certifications.
- Experience with, or strong knowledge of, healthcare clinical operations.
Our Consultants enjoy the flexibility and autonomy to choose the client projects that interest them, while continuing to build professional relationships within our global community of Consultant and business professionals. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including health and life insurance, a 401(k) savings plan which includes a discretionary company match, employee stock purchase plan, paid personal time off program, professional development and certification courses.