Lease Accounting Professionals
People who add value should be valued.
Turn your accomplishments into value all while enjoying the freedom and flexibility to choose your engagements, manage your workload and control your work-life balance. If you are ready to work directly with business leaders and their teams to solve problems, implement initiatives, and drive change, then a career at Resources is right for you.
RGP has current needs with clients preparing for the adoption of the New Lease Accounting Standard - ASC 842. We are looking for strong Technical Accountants who can help plan, design and implement this new Accounting Standard for Leases, which could include upgrading a Lease Management Solution (LMS) or evaluating, selecting and implementing a new LMS.
Duties may include:
- Prepare periodic lease accounting journal entries (rent payment and expense, prepaid rent, deferred rent, tenant incentive accrual, etc.) via lease administration software, and record journal entries to Company’s ERP system
- Manage accounting components of the lease portfolio within lease administration software such as extensions, amendments, or terminations
- Record miscellaneous journal entries (rent related expense accruals, re-classes, etc.); perform balance sheet account reconciliations and expense account variance analysis
- Calculate intangible asset amortization and capitalized overhead
- Record project expenses and provide project reporting and analysis to project managers
- Assist adoption of new lease accounting guidance (ASC 842), assess and report the retrospective impacts on Company’s financial statements
- Prepare lease schedules (minimum rent, future obligation, etc.) for Company’s 10-Q & 10-K disclosures
- Ad-hoc projects
Attributes of our global professionals include: a dedication to client service, the ability to think in complex and ever changing situations, strong communication skills and the ability to solve problems, execute and transfer knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree required, with a degree in business, finance or accounting
- CPA strongly preferred
- Minimum 8 years professional experience in accounting field; ideally a mix of public accounting and private industry experience
- Expert knowledge of current U.S. GAAP
- Understanding of the lease landscape, including real estate, non-real estate and embedded leases impacted by the new Standard
- Able to identify, collect and centralize leases electronically
- Experience with performing an impact assessment to understand changes to financial reporting and operations and level of effort required to implement
- Able to determine whether current application(s) or solution(s) used to track lease information is able to comply with ASC 842
- Experience in developing an implementation roadmap
- Experience with implementing multiple new accounting standards concurrently (e.g. Revenue Recognition and Leases), preferred
- Large ERP or lease administration software
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Strong orientation to client service, time management, and project delivery
Our Consultants enjoy the flexibility and autonomy to choose the client projects that interest them, while continuing to build professional relationships within our global community of Consultant and business professionals. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including health and life insurance, a 401(k) savings plan which includes a discretionary company match, employee stock purchase plan, paid personal time off program, professional development and certification courses.
For more information please visit us on RGP.com or check us out on LinkedIn.com or Facebook.com
RGP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants to apply regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status. RGP participates in the E-Verify Program.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website, please contact us by email at AskHR@rgp.com, or by phone at 877-261-4901 ext. 3.
For more information, please refer to the following links:
EEO is the Law Poster l E-Verify Poster l Spanish E-Verify Poster l Right to Work Poster l Spanish Right to Work Poster l Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster l Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster
Join Our Talent Community