Lease Accounting Professionals
Leverage your accomplishments to get the kind of employment you've always wanted: a self-directed career with work/life balance, world class clients and high-level initiatives - all with the collaboration and support of a global community of seasoned professionals. If you are ready to work directly with business leaders and their teams to solve problems and drive change, then a career at RGP is for you.
We are hiring Accounting professionals with leasing operations accounting experience to work on diverse and strategic projects for our Fortune 500 and pre-IPO clients. Ideal candidates will have experience reviewing lease contracts, identifying embedded leases, and accounting for leases.
Responsibilities (may vary from client to client) will typically include performing key functions to ensure:
- Quality information is available for reporting to comply with regulatory reporting requirements to include lease commitment and financial statement reporting
- Real property leased assets and liabilities are properly classified and reported in financial statements according to the new FASB and IASB lease accounting standards for reporting, presentation, and disclosure requirements
- Real estate billings and payments are properly analyzed, calculated, and reconciled according to lease terms and conditions and are appropriately managed to support lease requirements
Duties may include:
- Prepare periodic lease accounting journal entries (rent payment and expense, prepaid rent, deferred rent, tenant incentive accrual, etc.) via lease administration software, and record journal entries to Company’s ERP system
- Manage accounting components of the lease portfolio within lease administration software such as extensions, amendments, or terminations
- Record miscellaneous journal entries (rent related expense accruals, re-classes, etc.); perform balance sheet account reconciliations and expense account variance analysis
- Calculate intangible asset amortization and capitalized overhead
- Record project expenses and provide project reporting and analysis to project managers
- Assist adoption of new lease accounting guidance (ASC 842), assess and report the retrospective impacts on Company’s financial statements
- Prepare lease schedules (minimum rent, future obligation, etc.) for Company’s 10-Q & 10-K disclosures
- Ad-hoc projects
Attributes of our global professionals include: a dedication to client service, the ability to think in complex and ever changing situations, strong communication skills and the ability to solve problems, execute and transfer knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and/or MBA Preferred
- 8-10 years Mid-level to Senior Level transactional accounting experience
- Knowledge of lease accounting under current ASC 840 as well as upcoming ASC 842
- Required: Solid knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Large ERP, lease administration software, and general ledger accounting experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Strong orientation to client service, time management, and project delivery
Our Consultants enjoy the flexibility and autonomy to choose the client projects that interest them, while continuing to build professional relationships within our global community of Consultant and business professionals. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including health and life insurance, a 401(k) savings plan which includes a discretionary company match, employee stock purchase plan, paid personal time off program, professional development and certification courses.
For more information please visit us on RGP.com or check us out on LinkedIn.com or Facebook.com
RGP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants to apply regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status. RGP participates in the E-Verify Program.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website, please contact us by email at AskHR@rgp.com, or by phone at 877-261-4901 ext. 3.
For more information, please refer to the following links:
EEO is the Law Poster l E-Verify Poster l Spanish E-Verify Poster l Right to Work Poster l Spanish Right to Work Poster l Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster l Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster
Join Our Talent Community