Technical Accounting Manager
RGP is looking for a Consulting Professional with experience as a senior accountant and/or holds experience in a corporate accounting environment. The ideal candidate may have worked as a Sr. Accountant, Corporate Controller, Corporate Accountant, Accounting Manager or Auditor and has held leadership roles in the past. Our practice has been busy and we wish to grow our team!
Our successful consultants partner with our top tier clients to conduct research and provide guidance on IPO’s, carve-outs, mergers & acquisitions, divestitures, revenue recognition and leasing processes, and external reporting to ensure compliance with GAAP.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Perform technical accounting research for transaction-related events and prepare technical accounting whitepapers/memos
- Research and manage the implementation of newly issued accounting pronouncements
- Conduct contract reviews and recommend appropriate accounting treatment in accordance with revenue recognition guidance
- Assist the SEC team with the preparation of financial statements and footnotes, along with coordinating with external auditors on the delivery of financial data
- Review potential merger and acquisition targets, including reviewing accounting policies, historical financial results and/or financial projections
- Develop company-wide accounting policy and corresponding manuals
Attributes of our global professionals include: a dedication to client service, the ability to think in complex and ever changing situations, strong communication skills and the ability to solve problems, execute and transfer knowledge.
- BS/BA degree in Business, Accounting or Finance required
- CPA/MBA with Big 4 or national public accounting experience a plus
- 7+ years relevant industry experience
- FASB/GAAP research to interpret new pronouncements and rulings
- Documentation and resolution of accounting issues
- External GAAP financial statement preparation
- Recent and relevant SEC experience a plus
- Proficiency with Excel essential, exposure to a major ERP system i.e. SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft preferred
- Client Service driven with excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Flexible, adaptable and hands on approach
Our Consultants enjoy the flexibility and autonomy to choose the client projects that interest them, while continuing to build professional relationships within our global community of Consultant and business professionals. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including health and life insurance, a 401(k) savings plan which includes a discretionary company match, employee stock purchase plan, paid personal time off program, professional development and certification courses.
For more information please visit us on RGP.com or check us out on LinkedIn.com or Facebook.com
RGP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants to apply regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status. RGP participates in the E-Verify Program.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website, please contact us by email at AskHR@rgp.com, or by phone at 877-261-4901 ext. 3.
For more information, please refer to the following links:
EEO is the Law Poster l E-Verify Poster l Spanish E-Verify Poster l Right to Work Poster l Spanish Right to Work Poster l Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster l Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster
Join Our Talent Community