Commercial Trade Support Analyst
Lend your talent, skills and experience to a world-class company, and enjoy the freedom and flexibility to choose your engagements, manage your workload and control your work-life balance. If you are ready to work directly with business leaders and their teams to solve problems, implement initiatives, and drive change, then a career at RGP is right for you.
Our audit Consultants help leading companies drive and execute their risk and control initiatives. Our Consultants combine their internal audit experience and industry backgrounds to bring value-added expertise to our clients to improve operational efficiency.
RGP has an immediate need in San Antonio, TX, for a Commercial Trade Risk Analyst. This is a hands-on consulting project in a fast-paced environment supporting trading functions by measuring and reporting market risk for crude oil as it relates to hedging activities and commercial trading. The ideal candidate will be familiarity with the risk measures of an oil commodity trading environment and the related financial control processes.
Attributes of our global professionals include: a dedication to client service, the ability to think in complex and ever changing situations, strong communication skills and the ability to solve problems, execute and transfer knowledge.
- Report and validate portfolio position, MTM and VaR reports
- Assist with troubleshooting and analytics of the portfolio’s returns
- Collaborate with other Risk Analysts, Accounting, Refining Operations, Schedulers and Traders to design processes and procedures to enable accurate and timely exposure
- Validate pricing methodologies for accuracy and are consistent with policies and procedures
- Test and validate new data sources to enable faster and more accurate compilation of position data
- Develop and automate processes to more efficiently perform daily tasks
- Develop documentation for each newly designed process and model
- Support the Risk Control teams on ad-hoc projects when appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree
- Risk assessment experience in energy, trading, banking or capital markets
- Hedge Fund experience required
- Familiarity with the financial control processes and risk measures of an oil commodity trading environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work in a fast moving, deadline driven environment (reports are due to the trade floor by 1pm daily)
- Report writing skills
- Strong Excel skills are required
- Experience with Power BI is a plus
Our Consultants enjoy the flexibility and autonomy to choose the client projects that interest them, while continuing to build professional relationships within our global community of Consultant and business professionals. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including health and life insurance, a 401(k) savings plan which includes a discretionary company match, employee stock purchase plan, paid personal time off program, professional development and certification courses.
For more information please visit us on RGP.com or check us out on LinkedIn.com or Facebook.com
RGP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants to apply regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status. RGP participates in the E-Verify Program.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website, please contact us by email at AskHR@rgp.com, or by phone at 877-261-4901 ext. 3.
For more information, please refer to the following links:
EEO is the Law Poster l E-Verify Poster l Spanish E-Verify Poster l Right to Work Poster l Spanish Right to Work Poster l Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster l Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster
Join Our Talent Community